Relax and enjoy your trip knowing you're prepared "just in case"!
JAPAN TRAVEL INSURANCE
TOKIO OMOTENASHI POLICY
* TOKIO OMOTENASHI POLICY is the nickname for the overseas travel insurance plan available through this system.
This insurance product offers coverage for medical expenses incurred due to injury or illness in Japan and for repatriation to your home country.
Please consider signing up if you want to be prepared for any of the following:
- You become injured or ill...
- The staff can't understand your language...
- Your passport or credit card is lost/stolen...
- You can not connect to the internet...
Tokio Marine Nichido offers five services to help you in times like these!
1. Cashless medical service
We will refer you to a suitable hospital if you become injured or ill!
Tokio Marine Nichido will pay medical expenses and drug expense directly to the hospital or pharmacy!*1
2. Interpreting via telephone, etc.
We will provide medical care with our interpreting service (available in English, Chinese and Korean)! *2
3. Patient repatriation
We offer full support for repatriation to your home or a medical institution in your home country! *3
4. Travel protection
Among the variety of other services we offer are: support if your passport or credit card is lost/stolen; reservations/arrangements for transport between the airport and your hotel; forwarding of messages to family members and other persons overseas; and safety information relevant to your trip.
5. TOKIO OMOTENASHI application
- *1 This service enables customers to receive medical treatment without having to pay for medical treatment and medication at the hospital/pharmacy if Tokio Marine Nichido's service provider is contacted in advance and receives authorization from the hospital/pharmacy.
- *2 Tokio Marine Nichido’s service provider offers a three-way telephone interpreting service by telephone or videophone that can also be used in restaurants, hotels, etc.
- *3 Tokio Marine Nichido's service provider will make transportation arrangements, complete airport procedures, etc.
- *4 To use the application, you will need to download it from the link below and initialize it using the ID and password provided when the policy was concluded.
- This service is not available for illnesses, injuries or accidents not covered in the overseas insurance policy you have purchased.
- The Description of Important Matters are also describe in the principal contingencies for which insurance benefits are payable or not payable.So please ensure you read it closely.
- The details of this service are subject to change without notice.
- The service may take time to access or may be unavailable.
The coverage plan is as follows (the scope of coverage and insurance amount cannot be changed):
|Coverage||Special provisions on payment of medical treatment/repatriation expenses (for foreign nationals visiting Japan)|
|Insurance amount||10,000,000 JPY|
|Period of insurance||Premium|
|1 day||760 JPY|
|2 days||1,160 JPY|
|3 days||1,540 JPY|
|4 days||1,860 JPY|
|5 days||2,190 JPY|
|6 days||2,520 JPY|
|7 days||2,820 JPY|
|8 days||3,100 JPY|
|9 days||3,350 JPY|
|10 days||3,610 JPY|
|11 days||3,870 JPY|
|12 days||4,120 JPY|
|13 days||4,400 JPY|
|14 days||4,640 JPY|
|15 days||4,850 JPY|
|17 days||5,190 JPY|
|19 days||5,670 JPY|
|21 days||6,160 JPY|
|23 days||6,680 JPY|
|25 days||7,220 JPY|
|27 days||7,750 JPY|
|29 days||8,300 JPY|
|31 days||8,970 JPY|
For first-time applicants
Premium payments may only be made by credit card (single installment).
- STEP 1Check product description and application conditions
- STEP 2Enter policy conditions and customer information
- STEP 3Confirm application details and enter credit card information
- STEP 4Contract to be formed
Only persons satisfying the following application conditions may apply. Please check the FAQ for information on the Internet environment needed to use this service.
- 1Policyholder: person applying for an insurance policy
- The Policyholder must be accessing this website from within Japan or from onboard an aircraft operated by a Japanese airline at the time of application.
- The Policyholder must be an individual between the ages of 18 and 69 (inclusive) at the time of application.*
- If the Policyholder and the Insured Person are not the same, the Policyholder may only complete the application procedures with the consent of the Insured Person.
In such cases, the Policyholder must confirm and then correctly enter the requested information on behalf of the Insured Person.
*Age as of last birthday
- 2Insured Person: person covered by an insurance policy
- The Insured Person must be less than 69 years of age at the start of the insurance
Policies will not be issued if the Insured Person is injured or ill at the time of application.
*Age as of last birthday
- The Insured Person must be less than 69 years of age at the start of the insurance period.*
- 3Application submission period
An application may be submitted from the day before the Insured Person enters Japan*.
*The date of entry will be the day on which entry procedures are completed.
- 4Period of insurance
- The period of insurance may be between 1 and 31 days.
- Please period of insurance to cover the period from the day following the date of application until the day on which procedures for exiting Japan are completed.Accidents occurring during the period of Insurance while the Insured Person is in Japan are covered under this policy.
- 5Insurance premium payment methods
Insurance premium payments may only be made by credit card (single installment).
- Only a credit card issued to the Policyholder or an accompanying spouse, child or sibling may be used.
- The credit cards below may be used.